Technology is the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life. It is the sum of techniques, skills, methods, and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation.
Importance/Advantages of Technology in our daily life
Over the years technology has transformed our world and daily needs. These are some of the importance of technology in our daily life:
- Technology has been a notable benefit in health sectors by enabling doctors to discover most health problems when they are still in their developing stages and has treated them before they can develop into severe stages.
- Technology has made communication easy and faster. Letters were the most common means of communication less than a century ago but inventions and the use of the internet have reduced the world into a global village. We can now communicate with friends who live in another country through messaging apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. The increase in electronic communication has helped to eliminate time and distance as obstacles to communication.
- Another Importance of technology is that eliminated the bulkiness associated with paperwork. With technology, we can now store our information in various storage devices such as compact disks (CD).
- Also, Technology has made it easy for us to access information. Information all around the world are widely available on the internet. All this is possible only because of technology.
- Technology has also made things cheaper and more affordable to people.
- Also, technology has made learning more fun. Many software and electronic gadgets are introduced to help students with their education.
- Technology saves time and energy.
Disadvantages of Technology in our daily life.
- Technology and access to information in a central location have given rise to new kinds of crime and terrorism.
- Technology has brought about laziness and lives of convenience.
- Due to technological advancement, people will be replaced with new technology which will cause unemployment.
- The industrial age has lead us to climate hazards, global warming, and a polluted environment.
- Technological advancement has brought about overdependence on gadgets.
- Reliance on technology has increased social anxiety, where people are more comfortable communicating with others through messages and chat apps but not physically.
Stay tuned for more updates.