- First, what is Two-Factor Authenticator? Two-Factor Authenticator (2FA) is a security system that requires two separate forms of identification in order to access something.
- The first factor is a password and the second is a text with a code sent to your smartphone, or biometrics using your fingerprint, or face.
- How it Works
- The goal of 2FA is to make it harder for intruders to gain access to your personal data. When you go to sign into your account, you will be asked to provide few information, usually your password and a phone number.
- Whenever you login into a new computer or smartphones, you will input your password and also a code that will either be sent to your phone numbers or other means like your Emails.
2. Importance of Two-Factor Authenticator
- It makes your information twice as difficult for intruders
- You will always be the only one who can access your account even though someone else knows your password
- Thank you for reading this article and if you have any questions or suggestions kindly put them down in the comment box below.